17.9.17

Letters to Daddy #1

Dear Papa,

This letter may come as a surprise to you, but there is a lot I’ve been thinking about and I wouldn’t even know where to start this conversation with you. Papa, there are some things you need to know:
  • You don’t feed me enough.  I remember you bragging about me last night to your friends Papa. You told them how you were the best provider in town and that you take very good care of your children. Why are you lying papa? You have never fed me a decent meal, and even why I try to tell you this, you don’t listen. You only care about what you friends think of you. Next time you are in the kitchen, please, let me teach you how to cook and make a hearty meal.
  • You can’t make me compete for your love, because I won’t. I don’t like how you keep me and my sisters pitted against each other fighting for the spot of “favourite daughter.” When we spend time together, me and you, I’m the only and favourite daughter, and that’s all that matters to me. Don’t try to play these silly mind games, I took after you remember? I’m immune to the b.s.
  • Dear Papa, I don’t understand why you don’t want me talking to boys. I am a grown woman and I want to experience life and love. You can’t keep me to yourself Papa, I need to spread my wings and find the right man for me but you keep trying to clip my wings.

Well, I thought my list would be longer but that’s all. Please papa, give me good meals, don’t treat me like I’m stupid and let me be my own woman.

Yours,

K.M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters to Daddy #1

Dear Papa, This letter may come as a surprise to you, but there is a lot I’ve been thinking about and I wouldn’t even know where to start ...